Lexelle’s Home Buyers Protect offers financial protection and peace of mind to your client in the event of their house purchase not completing successfully.
Our policy means your client can claim back up to £1,500 in fees if their house buy does not proceed to successful completion.
In brief, the policy covers**:
- £750 towards conveyancing fees
- £500 towards survey and valuation fees
- £250 towards mortgage arrangement fees/lenders fees
The policy allows clients to claim back up front expenses due to:
- The property being withdrawn from sale by the vendor
- The vendor receiving and accepting an offer from a third party, which is a minimum of £1,000 greater than your client’s offer
- A Local Authority search highlighting that the property is the subject of a compulsory purchase order
- The vendor not being legally entitled to sell the property or transfer the property to your client
- Your client being diagnosed with a terminal illness and being unable or unwilling to continue the purchase
- The mortgage lender’s property valuation being less than 90% of the sum your client has offered for the property and which has been accepted
- The property sustaining damage during the period of cover and the total cost of rectification work exceeds 10% of the property value
For full policy terms, key facts and rates**, contact us on 0114 2493300 or email email@example.com
*According to a survey by OnePoll, commissioned by the Conveyancing Association, 2013.
“After agreeing a purchase price of £143,000 for a property in Lincolnshire, we were optimistic about the sale going through. Contracts had been drafted, enquiries raised and we had paid for a valuation report but then the seller decided to remarket the property to gain a higher price. Despite increasing our offer by £2,000, the seller rejected this and so we lost out on the property. Luckily, we had taken out a home buyers protect policy and were able to claim back £495 which we originally paid out for the valuation. The home buyers protect scheme is an excellent policy to take out and cost us just £30. We would recommend it to anyone buying a new house and we’ve already taken out another home buyers protect policy for our new purchase.”
Sheena and Robin Lucraft, Lincolnshire