What is Identity Theft Professional Fees Insurance?
- A policy designed to cover the cost of professional fees charged by a claims handler, solicitor or accountant incurred as a result of identity theft.
- It also provides access to a helpline offering advice and guidance. This includes template documents / letters as to how to handle the situation, including appropriate contact details.
The policy covers in brief:
- The removal of any criminal or civil judgements wrongly entered against the insured person.
- Challenging the accuracy or completeness of any information in a credit reference agency report.
- Creating documents needed to prove your innocence in terms of any financial irregularities committed unlawfully.
- Postal and phone costs you have to pay in dealing with financial institutions, the police and credit reference agencies to report or discuss an actual identity theft.
- Fees charged for reapplying for a loan which has been rejected due to the original application being rejected solely because the lender received incorrect credit information.
- Your lost earnings as a result of time away from work to go and see the police, financial institutions or credit reference agencies to report or discuss an actual identity theft.
- Limit of indemnity:
– Any one period of insurance £50,000
– Any one claim £50,000
- Access to an identity theft advice helpline
Policy covers may vary depending on final product chosen.
For further details please contact our team on 0114 2493300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org