At Lexelle, we believe that our staff are the key to our success. Our talented team of professionals work tirelessly to provide the best service. In this blog post, we want to give you a closer look at some of the amazing people behind Lexelle and we will introduce you to our leadership team, who provide the vision and direction that drives our success, as well as some of the key staff members who are responsible for creating and delivering our fantastic services. We hope that by getting to know our team, you’ll gain a better understanding of what makes Lexelle special and why we’re so proud of the work we do.
Meet our Team:
- Jon Bostock (BSc FCA), CEO – Jon is a Chartered Accountant and a former Partner in a national accountancy firm specialising in corporate finance and management consultancy. Jon has been a specialist in insurance and legal businesses whilst in practice since 1994. Jon joined Lexelle in 2003 and is responsible as Group CEO for overall strategy, acquisitions, and all areas of business infrastructure. He plays a key part in underwriting activity with his numerical agility and creative approach to developing solutions. When not at work Jon has an equally busy schedule spending time with his family and doing a lot of gardening and DIY – he built his own gym, green house & shed – a man of many talents!
- Sharon West (ACII), Managing Director – Sharon has worked in the insurance industry since 1979 – starting her career as an underwriter for Insurer General Accident before working for brokers and the Insurance arms of banking organisations (including Barclays and Lloyds) in addition to MGA UK General. Sharon joined Lexelle to assume the position of MD in 2014. From 2019 – 2022, Sharon was Chairman for the Yorkshire & Northern BIBA Committee and Deputy Chair for the BIBA Regional Chairs Advisory Board. Sharon is the Approved Person in Lexelle with responsibility for FCA compliance. Outside work Sharon spends a lot of time visiting the coast and walking her dog, watching rugby union, plus gardening and golfing – with more success potting plants than balls!
- Dennis Langley, Operations Director – Dennis joined Lexelle in 2001 and has worked in the insurance industry for more than 30 years, gaining extensive experience in personal lines, motor, and household insurance. Dennis has a wealth of claims handling experience and manages the balance of efficient and customer focused claims settlement whilst protecting the Insurer’s position including the identification and handling of potentially fraudulent activity. His experience of the industry and law has enabled Lexelle to expand to offer services ranging from policy creation / advice to full claims handling under delegated authority for both Lexelle and third-party partners. Dennis is an active fund-raiser outside of the office – he and his son dress up as a variety of star wars characters and with other like-minded friends they raise considerable sums of money for charity.
- Richard Cooper, Underwriting & Compliance Manager – Richard joined Lexelle in 2021 after 13 years of being a personal lines underwriter at UK General Insurance Limited. Prior to this Richard held various underwriting and claims handling roles throughout an 8-year period at RBS Insurance. Richard has a wealth of underwriting experience across many insurance products and developed strong technical and operational skills in creating new bespoke insurance products, and the day-to-day management of general insurance schemes. Richard has big interest in classic cars as well as socialising and walking with his brother and the family dog
- Amber Schofield – Operations Executive – Amber joined Lexelle in January 2019 and has worked in the insurance industry for 6 years having joined from a claims assistant role at Direct Group. Amber has experience in data processing and reconciliation as well and manages the broker accounting within Lexelle, as well as a variety of other activities. Amber has a keen interest in Sport and enjoys travelling around the UK visiting Football, Cricket, Rugby stadiums as well as Horse Racing Tracks.
- James Staples – Senior Claims Handler – James joined Lexelle in 2015 and although this is his first insurance role, he has a wealth of experience gained working in administration, sales and project management. Whist working at Lexelle James has become proficient at dealing with a variety of claims in respect of Family, Motor and Landlords Legal Expenses Insurance. Outside of work James is a keen walker and cyclist and is currently trying to learn Taekwondo!
- Jayne Dawson – Claims Assistant – Jayne joined Lexelle in October 2005 as a claims handler dealing with Motor Legal Expenses and Family Legal Expenses claims and her experienced has developed over the years with additional claim handling in different fields. In Jayne’s spare time she enjoys gardening and DIY.
At Lexelle, our staff is our greatest asset and there is extremely low turnover throughout the business. Each member of our team brings their unique skills and expertise to the table, contributing to our growth and success. We’re proud of the work we do and the people behind it, and we hope that this has given you a glimpse into the talented professionals who make Lexelle who we are.
We are always looking for good people to join our team, and if you are interested in a role in Lexelle then please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org